Project 2 . . .

The Window Dresser

Old cream floor length curtains Re-Loved into window length cuties

So we are getting central heating, which means a radiator under our living room window. Cue the need for short curtains. No need to buy new ones, just chop and sew the old ones!

Ingredients:

1) Old curtains

2) pretty silk fabric

3) scissors

4) steam iron

5) A sewing machine

Method:

First I washed the curtains on a hot temperature & then when dry, steam ironed them to within an inch of their lives. Then I measured how long they needed to be and cut them up. . .

 (Featuring Bailey)

I picked out some really pretty silk patterned fabric from my box and tried to cut it to fit the bottom section of the curtains. As the fabric was so flimsy, I ended up ironing it to fusible interfacing, which made it nice & sturdy. Then it was easy to cut and pin to the curtains. . .

Then I got out the trusty Janome & sewed those bad boys up! I’m really pleased with how they look, they didn’t cost me a penny & although the ironing took quite a long time, I find the end result of this project really satisfying. . .

See you next week for Project 3 xoxo

3 thoughts on “Project 2 . . .

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s