Project 14. . .

Pin Bored

I have an old office style pin board. It’s a drab grey blue and I’ve never liked it. So I decided to give it a re-loved spruce!

Ingredients

One old boring pin board

leftover thin green cotton fabric

red felt

hot glue

two old tape measures

silver drawing pins

Method

See you tomorrow for project 15, the last of the weekend catch up marathon!

xox Jessica xox

Project 8. . .

Organic Fuzzy Pig

This week I taught myself how to make felt from some natural insulation I had. Combined with a need for a new pin cushion, I bring you  the 100% homemade pin cushion (from totally re-loved materials of course)

First I pummelled my wool in a hot sink of water. Then I compressed it to get all the water out & realised that I would need to repeat this process many times to turn it into felt! I think it was six times in total, but it was a joy! Sadly I did not manage to take pictures of this bit as I was a bit enthralled & forgot (sorry.) But here’s the gallery of how the rest of the project progressed – enjoy!

Ingredients:

Handmade felt from organic wool insulation

scraps of felt from old projects (purple & navy)

needle & thread

Handmade stuffing made from organic wool insulation

Hope you enjoyed this week’s experiment, see you next week for Project 9!

Jessica

xoxo

**** newsflash – I am now selling these on etsy due to popularity, click here to order****

Project 2 . . .

The Window Dresser

Old cream floor length curtains Re-Loved into window length cuties

So we are getting central heating, which means a radiator under our living room window. Cue the need for short curtains. No need to buy new ones, just chop and sew the old ones!

Ingredients:

1) Old curtains

2) pretty silk fabric

3) scissors

4) steam iron

5) A sewing machine

Method:

First I washed the curtains on a hot temperature & then when dry, steam ironed them to within an inch of their lives. Then I measured how long they needed to be and cut them up. . .

 (Featuring Bailey)

I picked out some really pretty silk patterned fabric from my box and tried to cut it to fit the bottom section of the curtains. As the fabric was so flimsy, I ended up ironing it to fusible interfacing, which made it nice & sturdy. Then it was easy to cut and pin to the curtains. . .

Then I got out the trusty Janome & sewed those bad boys up! I’m really pleased with how they look, they didn’t cost me a penny & although the ironing took quite a long time, I find the end result of this project really satisfying. . .

See you next week for Project 3 xoxo