Project 15. . .

Silk Threads & Roses Poses

My Threads have lived in a wire basket for sometime. Not my best organisation I’ll admit. The threads have been getting tangled and I can never find the colour I need. So I decided to relocate them to something a bit more practical. The jewellery box is thick card but it’s lovely and strong and the inside is in great condition. I picked it up from a thrift store years  ago for pittance but never found a use for it. I like the pattern outside but the top is quite stained. Roll on the Re-loving. . .

Ingredients

One old Jewellery box

lots of silk roses

rustic peach roses (silk)

hot glue

a lot of thread spools

Method

 

That’s the end of the catch up marathon, thanks for reading, see you next week for project 16

xox Jessica xox

Project 2 . . .

The Window Dresser

Old cream floor length curtains Re-Loved into window length cuties

So we are getting central heating, which means a radiator under our living room window. Cue the need for short curtains. No need to buy new ones, just chop and sew the old ones!

Ingredients:

1) Old curtains

2) pretty silk fabric

3) scissors

4) steam iron

5) A sewing machine

Method:

First I washed the curtains on a hot temperature & then when dry, steam ironed them to within an inch of their lives. Then I measured how long they needed to be and cut them up. . .

 (Featuring Bailey)

I picked out some really pretty silk patterned fabric from my box and tried to cut it to fit the bottom section of the curtains. As the fabric was so flimsy, I ended up ironing it to fusible interfacing, which made it nice & sturdy. Then it was easy to cut and pin to the curtains. . .

Then I got out the trusty Janome & sewed those bad boys up! I’m really pleased with how they look, they didn’t cost me a penny & although the ironing took quite a long time, I find the end result of this project really satisfying. . .

See you next week for Project 3 xoxo